8.27.2009

And So It Begins

Break out the hair dye!



Weight: 169 lbs
Razor Status: Active
Days Since Last Eyebrow Wax: 1
Hubby's Mood: Antsy

Yesterday I went to the salon for my day of pampering. After much discussion about my hair's lack of style we decided to go short. My fabulous stylist started snipping away as she listened to me ramble on about my kids and other mundane topics that she could probably care less about. After about 10 minutes of snipping she held up a single hair and said "look, it's your first grey (Or is it gray? I prefer grey, it seems more distinguished.) hair!"...

WHAT?!?

No, this can't be! It's not possible! I don't have grey hair! I'm only 27 for crying out loud!!!

Quick, someone get me some hair dye, an applicator brush and some foil, STAT!

OMG (yes, I'm 27 and just typed OMG), what am I supposed to do? And how many more are there? Do I pluck it? But don't you grow 3 grey hairs for every one you pluck? Ok, scratch that idea. I guess I will just have to live with it. My stylist was so kind as to move my part over slightly so she could cover it. And while I'm sure you wouldn't be able to see it unless I pointed it out to you, I feel like it is practically lit up with a neon sign that screams "Grey Hair Here" with a big flashing arrow.

I know it's not the end of the world but I think I have been pretty lucky with avoiding any signs of aging. Aside from the muffin top that my kids so graciously blessed me with, I haven't had any other issues. This is the first. It's all down hill from here!

And when she gets a little older, I can tell my daughter that she gave me my first grey hair.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the gray hair! My sister was almost completely gray by 30, sometimes it's just in your genes!

    And, please, post a pic of your beautious new haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheer up! she'll probably give you many more before she's 18! lol

    just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!