8.18.2009

Sleep Deprivation

Is hazardous to your sex life.




Weight: 170
Razor Status: Active
Days Since Last Eyebrow Wax: I will go, I promise!
Hubby's Mood: Content

No wonder so many people suffer in the bedroom after having a child. How is anyone expected to perform in the bedroom when you can't seem to get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time? Add the exhaustion of chasing a toddler around all day and you have a non-existent sex life. So how do you work sex into a life that is run by kids who suck the energy right out of you?

Seriously. How? Because if you're looking for advice here, I don't have any. I would love to hear your thoughts. Short of shipping the kids out to grandma's house for a night, I'm clueless.

Unfortunately my son has rearranged his sleep schedule since I have been on leave from work. We don't get him up at 6:45 am anymore. I let him sleep until he wakes up. Why not? But the lingering effect of that is that he's up until 10:30 every night. Now, that doesn't sound late to most people, but to us moms, that's the equivalent to a college student's 4:00 am. It's really freaking late! So by the time we get him upstairs and into bed, I'm ready for bed myself. And usually so is the Hubby.

So if you have any thoughts on how to combat the exhaustion at the end of the day just long enough to work in a little intimacy in the bedroom, please let me know. Quickly. Before my husband files for divorce papers.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. I don't have any advice for you. I don't think we "engaged" in the deed until my son was almost a year. Yeah, it was that bad!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!