8.21.2009

Talking Dirty

It's not for the faint of heart.


Current Weight: 169 lbs.
Razor Status: Dormant
Days Since Last Eyebrow Wax: ...
Hubby's Mood: Content

I was reading this article on Cosmopolitan online about how to sex up your normal day to day activities. One of the suggestions was to send your husband/boyfriend a racy text message during the day to make your work day more interesting. I think their specific example was
"Warning: I'm gonna rip your clothes off when I get home."
Now, I don't know about you, but that's a little too racy for our relationship. We aren't a lovey dovey, affectionate couple. In fact, we don't even sit on the same couch when we're at home by ourselves. When I approached my husband in the living room one morning when we had the house to ourselves, he actually asked me what the hell I was doing. Now THAT made me feel sexy! So needless to say, I'm sure I would get a similar response if I were to start talking dirty through text messages.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like to start steaming up my work day a little. I would love to have a flirty exchange with my husband but even if he were receptive to my advances, I don't know that he would reciprocate. I just don't think he has it in him. Regardless, I think I'm going to try it next week sometime while he's at work. Maybe something less risque like
"I can't wait for you to get home! ;)"
And then as time goes on I can work up the nerve to really heat things up. Is it weird that I feel awkward talking dirty to a man with whom I have been intimate for over 8 years? Maybe. But I guess that's all about rediscovering who I am.

Do you talk dirty to your husband/boyfriend? Is it mildly flirtatious or is it blush-worthy? I'm curious to know how many people have these kind of exchanges. And feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. I happily found your blog after you left a comment on mine. Excellent.....I need to find myself a man so I can try out the Cosmo suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!