8.22.2009

Tough Guys Can Be Sweet

Even my husband. Occasionally.



Current Weight: 170 lbs (but that was after I had my coffee)
Razor Status: Active
Days Since Last Eyebrow Wax: I have an appointment on Wednesday
Hubby's Mood: Getting antsy

For the last 8 weeks I have been on maternity leave. The last 5 of those weeks has been with my darling baby girl. I love her more than words but she is exhausting. My son was so easy as a newborn/infant. When he was done with his bottle I could just put him in his swing, bouncy seat or on his play mat and he was happy as a pig in... well, you get it. Baby Doll (more on the nickname in another post) is a little more demanding, as divas usually are. If she's awake, she wants to be held. No exceptions. Then you add an overactive toddler and late night/early morning feedings and you've got a recipe for severe sleep deprivation. And that makes for one moody mommy.

In fact, I took my moodiness out on Hubby this morning by bitching him out because the dog was going crazy this morning while he was getting ready for work. Every time Hubby walked by the bedroom the dog would jump down from the bed, run after him and then turn around and jump back up on the bed. All of the commotion woke up Baby Doll and of course that meant I had to get up. Me = Cranky.

So imagine my surprise when Hubby texted me telling me to make myself an appointment at the spa on Wednesday (his day off) so I could relax a little bit. Now, my husband isn't the compassionate, understanding, attentive type. It's just not his personality. So this gesture is HUGE! I was so thrilled that I thanked him multiple times in the course of one conversation. I think that annoyed him a little. I decided to save a little money and make an appointment at the salon instead. So Wednesday I will be getting a hair cut, a pedicure and an eyebrow wax (I know, finally!). I needed all these things anyway (save the pedicure) and would have had to spend the money regardless so I decided to make that my "spa day". I can't wait!

And to thank him... well, I have to save something for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting burns calories. I promise!