8.14.2009

Your Husband is Not Gay

Unless of course your name is Dina McGreevey.


Current Weight: 172 lbs (WTF???)
Razor Status: Active
Days Since Last Eyebrow Wax: Longer than should be legal
Hubby's Mood: Antsy

There is a reason there are products made for men and products made for women. Apparently, we're very different. Or so I have been told.

While I was in my slump, shaving was the last thing I wanted to worry about when I showered. I just wanted to get in, wash and get out. I would only shave when it was absolutely necessary, ie. my legs started to itch so bad I couldn't possibly wait another day. Gross, I know, but that's why they call it a slump. Anyway, when I did shave, I just used my husband's shave gel. I didn't shave often enough to even be concerned about buying my own. I just didn't care.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought a can of women's shave gel for the first time in ages. And I shaved. I was really surprised (because apparently I had forgotten) how soft and smooth the women's shave gel left my legs compared to the men's. I mean, I guess it makes sense. Women's vs men's. Not to mention that men's is designed for facial hair and women's is designed for legs (and other places). Why wouldn't it be different?

And why wouldn't men's shave gel smell manly and women's shave gel smell womanly? It didn't take me long to notice that I smelled like a man after I shaved. At the time I didn't care but now that I look back on it I'm sure it was a huge turn off for my husband. Why would he want to be with a woman who smelled like a man? As far as I know, he's not attracted to men or people who smell like men. Plus, I didn't feel sexy when I smelled like a man. How could I? So I decided to leave the men's shave gel for my husband and stick with women's products only.

I am now happy to report that I no longer smell like a man. And my husband appreciates it.

2 comments:

  1. This is so random...But Skyler (3.7 years) is now in the mood for every single cupcake on your background...and she won't let me navigate away from your blog until she has pointed out each flavor/decoration..." Mommy, I love the blue one with the flower,is that chocolate? I like the strawberry one,Kenna can have the one with the bugs (coffee beans) on it."
    Nice. I'm being conned into making cupcakes now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that is hilarious. Just visiting from twitter and blogfrog.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!