2.09.2010

Coffee vs. Alcohol


I think I'm getting old.

It wasn't that long ago that I could drink with the best of them, get wasted and still be able to function the next morning. The last time I drank enough to get even slightly tipsy, I was a mess the next day. I was so tired (which was surprising due to my severe degree of unconsciousness) that I could barely make it through Target.

And it wasn't that long ago that getting a little drunk was good for my sex life. Being a little tipsy gave me more energy and usually made me a little more ambitious. Now, if I have been drinking, I'm lucky to stay conscious long enough to avoid a bruise to the hubby's ego.

No, alcohol is out. But apparently coffee gives me just enough of an energy boost to make it through the evening. And does it further confirm that I'm getting old when I say that I actually prefer coffee over alcohol?

Don't answer that.

3 comments:

  1. hmmmm, maybe you prefer the alcohol, just not the aftermath! I'm with you though. Now that I'm a mom, I just cant pull the all night drinkathons. Getting up with a bright-eyed one year is a little different when you still smell like vodka and shame.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed the same thing. The idea of tying one on doesn't appeal to me in the least anymore. I used to drink with the best of them and get up with no problem the next morning. Now if I have two drinks I am useless the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't want to know the answer to that one, either.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!