3.15.2010

Jessie's Song (from Hell)


Hubby likes "Saved by the Bell". A lot. And so do his friends. In fact, they just got all fired up when I told them that there will be a SBTB reunion in 2011. It's true. IMDB said so.

Anyway, he's gotten my son hooked on the show. Yes, I have a 3 year old who loves to watch a sitcom about high school kids from the early '90s. We are awesome parents.

So Hubby loaded up The Kid's iPhone with about a dozen episodes of SBTB. On it is the episode "Jessie's Song". You know, the one where Jessie is popping caffeine pills so she can stay up to study for the geometry midterm? That one. This is The Kid's favorite episode. He calls it "The Music One". He plays it all the time. Over and over again. And over again. I have it memorized.

You want to know some of the words to the song they sing in the video they make? I don't have to look it up. I remember.

"Here's a message that I'm sendin' to you.
You can do what you want to do.
A little work never hurt no one.
It's the only way to get things done.
Put your mind to it, go for it.
You've gotta break a sweat.
Rock and ro-ol, you ain't seen nothin' yet"

You want to know what Zack says when Slater tells him that he thinks Jessie is doing "drugs"?

"Jessie's my friend, I'm not going to listen to this!"

And when Jessie starts freaking out in her room with Zack?

"I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so... scared!"

Yes, I just quoted all that from memory. Yeah. I hate that episode.

And it was on TV this morning, too.

And then, due to her escalating drug problem, Jessie moved to Las Vegas, became a Show Girl and pushed Gina Gershon down a flight of steps.

4 comments:

  1. ROFL, if you want to feel better, I used to watch that show so often that I still had that song memorized, and I can still hear Jessie saying that
    I'm so excited....I'm so excited....I'm sooo scaareed, and then leaning into Zack to give her a hug. And then on the episode since she is sick Screech takes her place. And they push him. And then they go visit Jessie. OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo wanted to be Zack Morris when I was in junior high. I have the hair wave and turtlenecks to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sbtb is one of the few shows i will stop for any and every time it's on and will generally know the plot of the episode within a minute or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!!! So funny...I have a just turned 4 year old and when I saw SBTB on TBS this morning my husband and I laughed that the show was still on. I asked him if we would be bad parents if we let him watch it in the mornings instead of Zoboomafoo. There's just something creepy about watching shows with grown men talking to and goofing off for preschoolers! Now I know we won't be the only parents :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!