3.12.2010

Random Facts About Me (as a blogger)


There are certain things about me ass (Yes, I know I typed "ass". It should have been "as" but I think it's funny. So it stays.) a blogger that even I find perplexing.

-I judge a book by it's cover. If I'm on entrecard and I see a pretty button, I will click it before I click a boring one.

-I will probably like your blog more if you cuss.

-I hate paid posts. Especially when they have nothing to do with the blog that I'm reading. It's annoying.

-I hate broken English. It hurts my brain to read it.

-I know that sounds very prejudiced of me but I swear I'm not. I just prefer not to read things that hurt my brain.

-I think posts about shit, farts and other bodily functions are hysterical.

-If I read something that I want more information about, I will google the shit out of it until I find what I want to know. I recently read a blog post about another blogger who died. I googled and googled until I found out what happened. And then I was sad. I almost cried.

-I love a lot of blogs. And I will read them as often as I remember. But there are two blogs that I habitually check and get disappointed when I don't see a new post. I need my fix every day. They are Going Guerilla and Really? I like them because they cuss and they think the same things are funny as I do. And they don't mind if I cuss in my comments. And Jrodius once left me a comment that we might have dated in a past life. Oddly, I was flattered. Even though I don't know him. And I think I may have a lesbian crush on Melissa.

-I use the word "and" in the beginning of a lot of my sentences. Partly because I think short sentences add to the humor of my post. And I know it's gramatically incorrect but I don't care. And... I don't have anything else to add to that.

-I have blog design ADD. I loved my blog design when I created it and I was all proud of myself. Now I hate it. And I will probably change it.

-I say "I'm just saying" a lot.

-I'm just saying.

10 comments:

  1. You just made my day. Or possibly my life. I mean that. And (I do that too....add and at the beginning of sentences for no good reason) you added a ton of pressure. I get disappointed when I don't see a new pot (i wish). And (there is is again) I meant to say new post. I try, I try, I try. And this comment doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm going to go take a shower now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too say I'm just saying...more so in the real world then my blog. And I love these random facts about you and also CAN'T STAND the broken English blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out darlin'. I wish I was creative enough to post new stuff everyday. Sometimes the Genius Switch just won't flick on.

    I love your site. And the layout is very good. Don't worry about tweeking it!

    Fuck, Shit, Piss

    That was just for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lets see... we have some blogging quirks in common:

    I hate the generic entrecard cards - come on people make a pretty one. If you don't have the time to make one, then your blog must not be good.

    I love Google and Google any random thought that enters my head and have serious blog ADD too... I already want to change mine, but I'm making myself wait... it's like all the different options out there are teasing me!

    I'm not really into the farting stuff - but I totally enjoyed your worm posts.

    Oh, and I give you free reign to cuss on any or all comments you make on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find myself wanting to say And all the time too. And I have to go back and (LOL I just realized I did it) figure out some other way to change it up. And it's not fun. I do like to say fuck though. But I have to stop cursing. Since I was saying "Fuck it" when I was uber mad. Annnd than my son started saying "Fuck it" which was very funny. But not good if he started to say that in the grocery store.. which he actually did and I was embarrassed and I hope that lady didn't hear him. I gave him a lollipop to shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your comment didn't show up yesterday. Seriously, you guys are so funny when you comment on my blog. Ya'll are way funnier (more funny?) than me. It's a great way to start the day. Wake up and find a few comments in my inbox. And so far, they've been positive by most everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I like starting sentences this way too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. I love bloggers that incorporate major cuss words in their posts. Even better, I love it when the name of a blog has the word bitch in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, I could name my blog: Bitch...Really? haha. It could work.

    Kelly, I too, am a little weirded out by them replacing the lead singer. I read somewhere that they feel like they are carrying on his legacy that way. I think music is all about having fun. You can't have fun without someone to sing. He does a pretty good job. I've said before that he is no Bradly. I do have mixed feelings, but at the same time I think it's a great opportunity to see on of my absolute all-time favorite motherfucking bands. Or groups? What the hell do they call them these days? My other absolute all-time favorite motherfucking band? Group? Is Matchbox Twenty, and although they say they haven't broken up, they also haven't done anything together in a LONG time. I would love to see them too, but I feel my chances of seein them are like seeing ice not melt in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a lot of us have "oooh, shiny" syndrome (the whole clicky on the pretty button thing)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!