8.16.2010

Move Aside, Fiona!


Yesterday we went to my father's house for dinner. Nothing special, just dinner and drinks with the family. So about an hour or so before we left I started getting ready. I showered, I got dressed, I put on my deodorant. Then I combed my hair, brushed my teeth and started putting on make up. When I was done, I blow dried my hair and pulled out my flat iron. At which point, the following conversation ensued:

Hubby: "You know we're just going to your dad's, right?"
Me: "Yes, but I never get out anymore so I decided to look somewhat presentable." Hubby: "It's not that big of a deal."
Me: "I know."

My interpretation of this conversation went something like this."

Hubby: "What the hell are you doing?"
Me: "Trying not to look like an ogre."
Hubby: "Why?"
Me: "Because I feel like an ogre."
Hubby: "Well I'm used to you looking like an ogre."
Me: "Fuck you."
Hubby: "No thanks, you look like an ogre."

4 comments:

  1. Nice use of the word Fuck. You've done me proud. Plus, you're fucking hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same conversations in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Piers Anthony and this reminded me of his boob series, Xanth. Random.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!