3.29.2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Cannolis, Easter candy and man candy!

randomtuesday

It's Tuesday so we're getting random over at The Un-Mom.  Grab the button and link up!

It was a slow week on my Twitter stream this week because I have been reading like mad so all of my random thoughts have been stored instead of tweeted.  So here you go!

Why do we always run out of milk when I want a bowl of cereal?  I mean, we always have enough milk for the little heathens kids.  I think they syphon the milk when they realize we're running low and then store it.  Crafty little buggers, aren't they?  Don't let the cute faces fool you . . .

The Hub has to have surgery on his shoulder.  The ortho said no gym.  At all.  So he said he needs to start eating better so he doesn't gain weight.  I consider it my wifely duty to help him.  So I really don't understand why he was upset when I ate the last cannoli.  I mean, I did it for him!  I get no credit for the sacrifices I make!

Speaking of sacrifices, I have also made the difficult decision to eat all the Easter candy in the house.  I really wouldn't want him to get fat on me.  After all, he's the one who's worried about gaining weight.  I'm only doing it to protect him!

You know how when you were younger and you missed curfew your mom would wake you up at like 5 am to start chores as punishment?  No?  Ok, my mom never did that either but wouldn't that be a great way to punish your kid?  My kids are going to hate me when they're teenagers!  Anyway, that's what I feel like when I stay up too late now.  Every time I stay up late, The Princess wakes up at like 5 am.  Really?  But if I go to bed early she sleeps until like 8:30.

I think I'm going to stop buying food.  Except for cereal.  Because that's all my kids will eat.  That and Cheez-Its.  And Pop-Tarts.  So we have grains, dairy and fruit covered.  That's enough, right?  I'm going to save a ton of money!

You know how Neo was able to learn jiu jitsu in like 30 seconds in The Matrix?  I wonder if I can do that with books.  My to-read list is just getting longer and longer.  And some of the books I have on there are the first in the series.  If I add the entire series it's going to be completely unreasonable.  There just isn't enough time!

Oh, and here's your random man candy for the week, courtesy of my book blog, Secrets of a Book Lover.  If you don't want to miss any tasty treats, follow me either here or there.  Just a hint, if you follow me there, you'll get your man candy a day early!  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Good Gawd I'm drooling....
    I was going to leave a comment but got sidetracked by Man candy.
    'scuse me while I clean up my keyboard...and my monitor cuz I licked it. A lot.
    LOL

    Happy Random Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so thoughtful to eat all the candy for your Husband! He's Lucky to have you!!

    :)

    Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting burns calories. I promise!